Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pioneer Posting

When God called me to become a missionary as a young teenager, I set my heart to prepare for this calling. Arriving in Kenya in 1966 I looked around at some of the missionaries who were graying and thought to my self: "Too bad, your years of service in Kenya are almost gone; your retirement is near. But my life has just begun. I have a whole life time to live and serve in Africa."

Little did I realize how short life is. Before I knew it retirement had arrived. As Moses observed years ago, "So teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom."

Hopefully, the years have brought some wisdom. As I reflect back over the past years of my own life there are many lessons that God has taught me. These I would like to share in the coming days. The life and calling that God has given to me and my family has been rich and rewarding. Hopefully, this blog will prove to be inspirational to all who may come across it and read.

RJG

No comments: